Thursday 5 May 2011

 www.antoniarolls.co.uk for my website
www.jesusonthetube.co.uk for the well known image of Jesus sitting on the London tube being ignored
www.antoniarolls.blogspot.com for an account of an Artist and Mother in Bognor Regis

Angels, Earrings, Fairies and Cakes.  A Sale of Art Works for the AGD Film and Exhibition

But First 
The A Graceful Death Film Project -
Making a film of the effect an exhibition of paintings of death and the end of life (A Graceful Death, paintings from the end of life) has on those who are involved in the works, and those who come to experience them at exhibitions.   Showing how the exhibition is created and broadcast, and hearing what those who love it say, and those who don't love it, say.  And very significantly, showing how it feels to paint a sitter as they approach the end of their life, or as they face an uncertain future.  A section of the exhibition shows Survivors too, those who have come through illness, or the bereavement process, and are living again.
Click on the link below to see our video and to hear more and to donate to this important work. 
 

**************************************************************


 Angels, Earrings, Fairies and Cakes by
Antonia Rolls 

Shopping Angel



You are warmly invited to a weekend sale of Paintings, Prints and Handmade Earrings
Wine and Tea and Cakes 
                      

Fairy Cakes and Flowers                                              Fat Ladies Diving
                                                                                       

             

  


                                                              Blue Teapot Fairy
Saturday May 21 10am - 9 pm to
 Sunday May 22 10am - 9 pm
   at
127 Worple Road, Wimbledon SW20

   New Beginnings Angel   

 Sale in aid of the A Graceful Death projects, the Film and the Exhibition.

I aim to have this sale of Angels and Fairies and fun things while also displaying the latest information about the A Graceful Death exhibition and film.  The weekend is about having fun with all of you, with colour, fun, wit and humour, alongside the serious business of raising funds for the A Graceful Death exhibition and film.  

***************************************************************

I hope you will all come to this weekend of Fairies, Angels, Earrings, Cakes, Tea and Wine.  Come to see what other kinds of paintings I do.  It will be light hearted, fun and serious.  There will be a display of one or two of the smaller AGD paintings and some information, so that everyone will know what they are buying the Angels etc for.  It will be lovely to see all of you, and meet those I have not yet met.  

There have been some very generous cheques sent in the post for the A Graceful Death film.  Thank you for all of you who have sent them. If you want to send any money to the A Graceful Death film and exhibition, please do so by emailing me, and I will give you my address to send to.  Make the cheques out to A Graceful Death and I will receipt all cheques.  Some of you know my address anyway, so send away!  My email address is antonia.rolls1@btinternet.com.  Thank you.

I am talking to St James's in Piccadilly about possibly showing A Graceful Death there.  This is a church I have heard about with interest, and am really delighted to be at least talking about it being a venue.  I know it would work splendidly in St James's.  I have not had the pleasure of meeting the Rector, but I have seen her talk at my friend Nicola Slee's latest book launch which was held in this church.  For your interest, Nicola's book is excellent and is called "Seeking the Risen Christa".  There has been a small and encouraging flurry of emails between the Wellcom Trust and me about the AGD, but I think they are booked up for the next hundred years.  You never know though, one day that would be excellent.  They were very enthusiastic about the exhibition, and that always helps.

Neill and I have re shot our video for the We Fund video, and when he can he will edit it so I can re load a different video.  I have already said that I have overestimated myself with We Fund, and it is a learning curve.  If they agree, we may put our project back on after this one, with a  realistic target figure.  Despite this, the film is moving on, and the exhibition is moving ahead, and we are doing all we can to make it work.  

This afternoon I go to start my volunteering job at our local Hospice.  Time to learn what the end of life is like day to day,  and to do so with the Hospice Movement.  I will be going there one day a week. 

Please come to the Angels, Fairies and Earrings weekend.  Even if just to chat, it will be lovely to see you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment